R: How to install RMySQL in Windows 7 with MySQL 5.5
This post is based completely (except for the bold characters) in the thread in http://stackoverflow.com/questions/5223113/using-mysql-in-r-for-windows,
about how to install RMySQL in Windows 7 with MySQL 5.5
The answer is due to:
“Found solution with help of ran2, who gave me link to common question. The basic process is described here, but there are several hints, So I will describe the whole solution (please change the R version and paths if needed):
1. Install latest RTools from here
2. install MySQL or header and library files of mysql
3. create or edit file C:\Program Files\R\R-2.12.1\etc\Renviron.site and add line like MYSQL_HOME=C:/mysql (path to your mysql files)
4. copy libmysql.lib from mysql/lib to mysql/lib/opt to meet dependencies.
5. copy libmysql.dll to C:\Program Files\R\R-2.13.0\bin\i386 or to windows/system32 directory.
6. run install.packages(‘RMySQL’,type=’source’) and wait while compilation will end.
Hope it helps.
Filed under: R | Leave a Comment